Monday, August 3, 2009

My Favorite Things



Java Me! is one of my favorite things. I love coffee and this quilt screams "ME"! I found the pattern and loved it. As I gathered fabric on the many many many of hunts, I figured I wanted more color and shapes. It was patterned red and brown tones and I wanted it to POP. I found fabric at WalMart, JoAnn's, online, Patricia's Fabric House, Betty's Quilting Store, and shopped a ton of others which, believe it or not, I found nothing.

Mom and Madi did not like that I hung "Java Me!" in the den. They thought it too pretty but that was my intent. =)

Snowmen are another favorite! I have them everywhere in the winter. Snowmen and penguins are a must in our house for Christmas and wintertime. This quilt I had a great time compiling until I got stumped on the border. The pattern was a few years old in a magazine and the fabric was long gone. So I was on the hunt again and found the perfect fit at Patricia's. It came out nicely and I will use this one this winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment