Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 2 *Shoptoberfest*



My day began with picking up the house and getting ready for my interview for library clerk at a high school. With it down pouring out I was off with umbrella in hand and the best attitude I could muster with flat yucky hair. The interview went well.
I  gassed up the car, waited for Madi to decide on the pep rally (weather decided outdoor or indoor affair) and then it was off to my first stop; The Scarlet Thread in Webster.  It is a nice shop with very nice fabrics. I walked out with a turtle fat quarter.
Then I trekked southward to Caldonia to Chestnut Bay Quilting.  Small and quaint shop with a very nice back room for classes. The demo there was a yo yo kitty, very cute. Again I walked out with a few fat quarters. (dragon fly)
My last stop was Mt Pleasant Quilting Company. I was just there two weeks ago for their anniversary where I had bought plenty. So, I couldnt really find what I had to have. I did want a yo yo maker but they were out and I like some Christmas fabric but again they were out. So believe it or not; nada.

=) Shellie

2 comments:

  1. Great fabrics -you will have to keep us posted on the job - we're rooting for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete